Saturday, 29 January 2011

Barry M Mushroom, Nothing But Truffle - Color Club Konad & e.l.f Twinkle

Such a catchy title right? :D

This was a case of "I don't like it" the whole way through, first on was Barry M mushroom. I took pictures with one coat (for some reason?!) but I ended up putting two on. It's ok, goes on well and isn't streaky or problematic, I just wasn't blown away by it. I think the issue is that I want it to have a slight shimmer to it, and it doesn't, and this irritates me although it's not Barry M's fault in any shape or form.





So as I was "don't like it" but didn't want to get rid of it so I thought I'd have another go at Konad stamping. With that came the conundrum of what colour to stamp with, and I ended up choosing color club nothing but truffle as it's a really pretty colour. Not for stamping with though, it was a wishy washy colour so again I wasn't massively impressed. I didn't take any photo's of that because I instantly made it matte by putting the orly matte top coat on top of it.



So I looked at this and "didn't like it" and again I didn't want to get rid of it so I thought, sparkles make everything better, lets do sparkles! I put three, yes three (I am a glutton for punishment) coats of twinkle by e.l.f on top. It was an arse to remove, in fact so much so that it actually motivated me to use the foil technique of polish removal which worked so well I can't believe I hadn't bothered before! Bring on more glitter polishes!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment