Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Accessorize Illusion Aztec polish

I had this on the other day, I was ill so the state of the application on this one is rather rubbish. I've been meaning to sort my cuticles out for a good while and I've just been lazy and not bothered!

So this is from the illusion range at Accessorize. I must admit I hadn't even realised that they did polish until looking at some other nail blogs and I wanted to get lots of them but most had sold out by the time I did my order so I ended up with Aztec and Mermaid.

Aztec is a duochrome that is green and purple depending on how the light hits it. The first coat was really wishy washy and I ended up doing three coats to get the coverage you see in the pictures below. I was quite impressed with the polish itself, the brush was a bit fiddly as it was so narrow but I really liked the polish when it was on. I will take the time to apply this one properly I think and re-do it when not ill!

I used Barry M base and top coat with it, but only as a base. My cold had kicked in fully by the time I'd done the third layer and I was ready for bed! It came off easily enough but the colour that came off on the cotton pad I was using was blue with a gold glitter ... Most bizarre!

Again as with all duochrome/holo's I'm finding that taking a picture of it so that you can clearly see the effect is a skill I don't yet posses (I'm working on it though!!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment